‘Building a sustainable infrastructure for the Built Environment'. A Sector Priority Fund Pilot Project managed by Asset Skills and sponsored by the Welsh Government with additional support from the European Social Fund.
Asset Skills will build on the experience gained in the delivery of our previous SPFP project to enhance the capacity of the infrastructure in place to ensure the sustainable delivery of apprenticeships and Green Deal/Energy Efficiency qualifications. We will, through the project, establish a sustainable network of providers who will become ‘Centres of Excellence' as part of our UK Academy in Wales and who will deliver the qualifications in the Asset Skills sector post project through main stream funding.
To achieve this goal the project will:
- Recruit employers, learning providers and candidates to the programme
- Implement an effective procurement process through which providers will tender for funding to deliver the pilot programmes
- Develop partnerships with training providers to promote and provide long term solutions for training demand via mainstream funding after the conclusion of the SPFP funding
- Monitor and manage the delivery partners to ensure maximum successful completions by candidates
- Produce an evaluation report to inform on lessons learnt and sustainable routes for future delivery
Key learning points from the previous project have been:
- the positive impact of employer engagement
- the importance of contract management of the training providers
- the need for induction programmes and workplace support for candidates to increase the number of successful apprenticeships and qualifications achieved.
This project will also monitor performance, assess progress and report on outcomes with recommendations to inform training providers and the Welsh Government on the nature and content of employer demand.
The impact of the project will be significant in that it will create a sustainable delivery infrastructure for a new range of apprenticeships and qualifications, and produce a measureable benefit to employers by raising the skills levels of employees in the built environment and business services sectors, and influencing providers to incorporate these qualifications into mainstream provision.
Tender documents are available on line and can be downloaded at the Asset Skills website.
To apply please complete the SPFP 2 Tender Document and submit:
- 1 electronic hard copy, in Microsoft Word Format, to SPFP2@assetskills.org, PLUS
- 3 identical hard copies to Zena Smith, 2 The Courtyard, 48 New North Road, Exeter, EX4 4EP
All documents, in email and hard copy form, must be received by 5pm on Friday the 1st March 2013
All tenders received after this date and time will be deleted and destroyed.
Community Benefits do not apply to this contract
2 The Courtyard, 48 New North Road
Contact point(s): Project Manager
For the attention of: Allen Williams
EX4 4EP Exeter
Telephone: +44 7736438047
General address of the contracting authority: http://www.assetskills.org
Further information can be obtained from: The above mentioned contact point(s)
Specifications and additional documents (including documents for competitive dialogue and a dynamic purchasing system) can be obtained from: Asset Skills
Internet address: http://www.assetskills.org/Wales/SPFP2013/SPFP2Tender.aspx
Tenders or requests to participate must be sent to: Asset Skills
2 The Courtyard, 48 New North Road,
For the attention of: Zena Smith
EX4 4EP Exeter
Contract value: Service Required Total PlacesSouth WalesNorth WalesDeliver Foundation Apprenticeship in Pest Control, Level 2 29 19 10Deliver Controlling Parking Areas, Level 2, (2916) 50 38 12Deliver Award for Parking Enforcement Officers, Level 2, (1950) 71 50 21Delivery of Level 1 Award in Promoting energy efficiencyto potential customers 204 160 44Bids for smaller numbers of learners than those listed in the lots will be considered particularly where the bid offers regional coverage that might not otherwise be achieved.
Published: 17 Jan 2013, Receipt by: 1 Mar 2013
All suppliers that are registered with us receive email notifications of Public Sector tenders related to their area of business.