Dorset County Council is seeking to establish a four year Term Service Contract, with an option to extend at one year intervals up to a maximum of three years, with a single provider for the provision of Site Investigation, Soils and Materials Testing Services. The single provider will need to demonstrate capacity and capability to deliver all the following services anticipated to be required under this contract:
— Field and laboratory testing of civil engineering materials (including but not limited to; bituminous materials, aggregates, concrete), geotechnical site investigation and soils testing which will require factual and interpretative reporting,
— Geo-environmental site investigation and testing which will require factual reporting, interpretative reporting and risk assessment,
— Investigation of existing highways and structures (incl. but not limited to coring of carriageways and structures),
— Provision of specialist advice and representation (on materials, pavement design and geo-technical/geo-environmental matters).
The value is envisaged to be between GBP 1 000 000 and GBP 2 000 000. This range is based on available historic spend data and the projected volume of work for the Authorities listed in section VI.3. This is not a guarantee of the value of future business through the Contract. Historically 75 % of the value of the services required under this Contract has been for materials testing and advisory services. The remaining 25 % of the value has been for site investigation work.
Dorset County Council
Dorset Procurement, Corporate Resources Directorate, County Hall, Colliton Park
For the attention of: David McDonald
DT1 1XJ Dorchester
Telephone: +44 1305221250
General address of the contracting authority: www.dorsetforyou.com
Address of the buyer profile: www.dorsetforyou.com
Contract value: Estimated value excluding VAT: Range: between 1 000 000 and 2 000 000 GBP
Published: 15 Dec 2012, Receipt by: 28 Jan 2013
All suppliers that are registered with us receive email notifications of Public Sector tenders related to their area of business.