Public Sector Network Tender Alert


Construction of New Housing

Mayfair Development is the construction of 8 houses on 2 former garage sites located immediately opposite each other on Mayfair Avenue, Radcliffe, Bury. The proposal is to provide 3 houses on 1 site and 5 on the other to be constructed using traditional construction methods on a Design & Build Contract using JCT Design & Build 2011. The properties are two storey in height with traditional pitched roofs and un-adopted entrances into each site. Bury Council require these to be built to a high standard to give options for affordable rent or shared ownership sales, a decision which was made post tender but prior to commencement on site. Contractors will be expected to build the sites out using sectional completion with an overall contract period of 36 weeks with the smaller sites having a 30 week contract. Subject to necessary approvals following the tender, it is hoped that the project will commence on site in early late Summer / early Autumn 2017. The project is to be assessed on a price/quality basis with 95% price and the remaining 5% based upon social value response to a set question. This is an important project for Bury Council as it is their first new build housing scheme of this nature for a number of years and Bury Council are excited about the delivery of this project.


Rachel Taylor
Town Hall
Knowsley Street
United Kingdom
+44 1612535744

Contract value:

Published: 25 May 2017, Receipt by: 23 Jun 2017