Military transport helicopters. 1. The Chinook Project Team (ChPT), Defence Equipment & Support, United Kingdom Ministry of Defence (UK MOD), wishes to place a contract for the provision of an independent quality review of the UK Chinook Mk6 aircraft Interactive Electronic Technical Manuals (IETMs), produced by The Boeing Company.
2. The primary aims of the review will be to:
a. Understand the progress made in regard of the IETM data population.
b. Provide early identification of support problems.
c. Determine if the Chinook Mk6 aircraft can be supported effectively.
d. Gain assurance as to the accuracy and comprehensiveness of the information and data presented.
3. It is anticipated that the review process will take 8 months to complete (May to December 2013). The review will involve two data drops. The first drop will consist of a 20% sample of 2000 data modules. The second drop will consist of 20% of 11,000 data modules.
4. The IETMs are subject to United States (US) export controls (i.e. International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR)), with distribution and use controlled by a Technical Assistance Agreement (TAA) for the Mk6 programme. Due to these export controls, expressions of interest will only be considered from economic operators based in NATO and European Union countries, Australia, Japan, New Zealand and Switzerland.
5. It may be necessary for the UK MOD to obtain US export authorisation for the selected Tenderer, which could take a minimum of four weeks to process.
6. Review Team members will require to have a detailed knowledge of the Chinook design, and cross knowledge of Royal Air Force (RAF) maintenance procedures, gained from practical experience (e.g. from working on relevant contracts).
7. It is the Authority's policy that contracts are only placed with companies operating and maintaining a Quality Management System (QMS) which is acceptable to the Authority to demonstrate how the company is going to meet the requirement.
8. With their expressions of interest, companies are required to provide evidence of a valid ISO 9001:2008 certificate, or equivalent, from an accredited third party assessor (UKAS recognised) for themselves and, if appropriate, for their sub-suppliers, or confirm that they will achieve accreditation in time for Contract Award. This certification must be valid for the duration of the Contract, and include an appropriate scope to meet the requirement.
Defence Equipment and Support
Yew 1a, #1147, MOD Abbey Wood
For the attention of: Keith Davies
BS34 8JH Bristol
Telephone: +44 3067982814
Fax: +44 1179130961
Further information can be obtained from: The above mentioned contact point(s)
Specifications and additional documents (including documents for competitive dialogue and a dynamic purchasing system) can be obtained from: The above mentioned contact point(s)
Tenders or requests to participate must be sent to: The above mentioned contact point(s)
Contract value: Estimated value excluding VAT: Range: between 600 000 and 800 000 GBP
Published: 17 Jan 2013, Receipt by: 13 Feb 2013
All suppliers that are registered with us receive email notifications of Public Sector tenders related to their area of business.