A Lift Consultant for the Design Authority is required to review the existing estate-wide lift modernisation strategy to ensure it is holistic and all encompassing and that it addresses the appropriateness and suitability of the lifts for the population, activities and use patterns of the buildings within the Parliamentary estate.
The lift consultant will take an overarching and holistic approach to reviewing the existing lift installations, undertake lift traffic analysis, attend stakeholder liaison meetings with the project leader and propose designs for lift modernisation that are fully aligned with the needs of occupants, building population and use patterns of the buildings in the Parliamentary Estate.
The Lift Consultant for the Design Authority will provide specialist advice to ensure the proposed lift modernisation programme is fully aligned with the corporate plans of both Houses, is appropriate for the population and patterns of use of the buildings on the Parliamentary Estate, incorporates lessons learnt from previous works and fully addresses short comings identified in the existing lift installations. The Lift consultant will undertake peer review or proposals from the lift delivery team.
The Parliamentary estate contains approximately 110 lifts within some 10 buildings located in the London SW1 area.
The Lift Consultant for the Design Authority will undertake the following tasks:
1. Prepare detailed technical design brief, scoping documents and engineering specifications for the lifts.
2. Review and develop existing documents into a long term strategic refurbishment plan integrating the results from the lift traffic analysis to provide lifts with a 25 year life expectancy.
3. Ensure that the delivery specifications and installations are compliant to PED and regulatory requirements.
4. Support the Project Teams with the delivery and ensure adequate competency.
5. Undertake lift traffic analysis studies and propose optimum lift design solution for the population and use patterns of the Parliamentary Estate.
6. Input to review of competency of potential lift delivery team.
7. Technical Design Review of proposals from lift delivery designer.
8. Technical Review of proposals from lift delivery contractors.
9. Contribute to Post Occupancy Evaluation.
Value and Duration:
The value of the contract is ?170,000 inclusive of VAT over 5 years.
The House of Commons
14 Tothill Street
Contact point(s): Business Support Team
SW1H 9NB London
Telephone: +44 2072191600
Fax: +44 2072191600
General address of the contracting authority: https://in-tendhost.co.uk/parliamentuk/aspx/Home
Address of the buyer profile: https://in-tendhost.co.uk/parliamentuk/aspx/Home
Further information can be obtained from: The above mentioned contact point(s)
Specifications and additional documents (including documents for competitive dialogue and a dynamic purchasing system) can be obtained from: The above mentioned contact point(s)
Tenders or requests to participate must be sent to: The above mentioned contact point(s)
Contract value: Estimated value excluding VAT: 170000 GBP
Published: 10 Jan 2013, Receipt by: 6 Feb 2013
All suppliers that are registered with us receive email notifications of Public Sector tenders related to their area of business.