North Somerset Council (NSC) is leading on the procurement of a Design and Build Contractor for the South Bristol Link.
The South Bristol Link (SBL) comprises works to construct:
- A single carriageway road approximately 4.5km long linking the A370 Long Ashton Bypass to the south west of Bristol city centre with the A4174 at Hartcliffe Roundabout, to the south of the city centre;
- A 0.7km section of ‘bus only' carriageway;
- New bus stop platforms, street furniture and signing;
- New junctions where the SBL intersects existing transport routes;
- Additional 'bus-only' lanes in one or other direction along the route;
- Shared use walking / cycling lanes adjacent to the new route;
- Appropriate environmental mitigation works.
The work will include all aspects of highway construction, signing, drainage, geotechnical works, utilities works and traffic management and will be let as a single NEC3 ECC contract.
It is estimated that at the time of tender, design for the scheme sufficient for planning will be complete and the planning process will have taken place. The scope of the contract will also include:
- Detailed design completion to facilitate construction in accordance with approved planning documents;
- Discharge of relevant planning conditions.
Estimated value of the contract is in the region of £20 million. Construction is expected to commence in Autumn of 2014 and be complete in 2016.
NSC have engaged a number of consultants and service providers in the development of SBL to date therefore the scope of the contract will also include interface with these suppliers and partners as required through design completion and construction.
The scope of the contract will include interface with Network Rail, various statutory bodies, the public and other project stakeholders as required.
The SBL scheme also includes construction of a railway underbridge. The underbridge is outside the scope of this contract. Underbridge construction is being managed by Network Rail and will be subject to a separate procurement exercise. Construction of the carriageway and associated works beneath the underbridge will however be carried out under the SBL Design and Build Highways Contract (this contract).
The SBL scheme also includes installation of bus stop shelters, street lighting and traffic signalling. Whilst bus stop platforms are included, installation of bus stop shelters, street lighting and traffic signalling is also outside the scope of this contract and will be carried out under a Framework Agreement being developed by Bristol City Council.
Further information on the BRT schemes and SBL can be found on http://www.travelwest.info/rapidtransit
North Somerset Council
Strategic Procurement, North Somerset Council, Town Hall
For the attention of: Nicola Scribens
BS23 1UJ Weston-super-Mare
Telephone: +44 1275885208
General address of the contracting authority: www.n-somerset.gov.uk
Address of the buyer profile: www.supplyingthesouthwest.org.uk
Contract value: Estimated value excluding VAT: 20 000 000 GBP
Published: 27 Dec 2012, Receipt by: 1 Mar 2013
All suppliers that are registered with us receive email notifications of Public Sector tenders related to their area of business.