The Carmarthenshire Heritage Regeneration Trust
Carmarthenshire Heritage Regeneration Trust (CHRT) has acquired Llanelly House and is the lead body for its restoration and interpretation. The trust was formed to deliver the key objectives:
- To preserve the environmental heritage that exists in and around Carmarthenshire, which include:
o Buildings of historical or architectural interest
o Sites, areas and environments of historical or natural beauty
The Llanelly House Project is a multi-million pound project to restore the Grade 1 listed Georgian Town House to its 18th century glory and into a major new community facility. Primarily funded by:
- Heritage Lottery Fund
With secondary funding from:
- Llanelli Town Council
- Carmarthenshire County Council
- Architectural Heritage Fund
The AV Integrated Services Contract is funded by:
- Heritage Lottery Fund
- Welsh Government - Digital Tourism Business Framework (DTBF)
The restoration of Llanelly House is currently being undertaken around a high quality programme of conservation and restoration that will draw from, interpret for and enrich the communities of Llanelli through restoring the House to its place in Llanelli's heritage.
The core objectives of the Llanelly House project have been set to ensure Llanelly House provides a high quality visitor experience:
- To sympathetically conserve, restore and interpret the building in its entirety to its original Georgian Grade 1 status (early 18th – early 19th century)
- Bring the building into full community, heritage and economic use
- To provide high quality learning opportunities for schools and other educational groups
- Create a facility which the entire community can utilise
- “Access for All”
- To engage the community in the projects development
- Give the building focus and function that is understood and utilised by the community locally and nationally
- To make the building financially sustainable through a carefully considered after-use programme that breathes and flexes with the community's needs
- The building instills and promotes local and national pride
CHRT is currently undertaking a £5.4m capital project known as Llanelly House. We are procuring the services of an experienced Audio Visual Contractor, who will be required to work with relevant internal and external teams to execute and install the Audio Visual Systems and contract the Digital Developers for the digital installations.
The goal of this tender is to appoint an experienced Audio Visual Contractor for the Llanelly House Restoration Project due to be completed by June 2013. The organisation should have the relevant experience of working and collaborating on multi-disciplinary heritage and museum projects within Grade 1 & 2 listed buildings and well adept at integrating cutting edge heritage/museum interpretation within visitor attractions within the last 3 years.
The restoration is set at between 3.75million – 4.1million and is already underway.
Target Competition Dates:
These are indicative dates only and subject to change:
- PQQ Notice & Response 20th Dec 2012 - 7th Jan 2013
- Assessment & shortlist: 3-6 Tenderers 8th Jan 2013
- Invitation to tender 9th Jan 2013
- Tender period 09 Jan - 04th Feb 2013
- Assessment and Evaluation: 3 -6 tenderers 05th -06th Feb 2013
- Interview: 3- 6 tenderers Week commencing 11th Feb 2013
- Decision to Award Notice/Stand Still Alcatel Rule 14th - 24 February 2013
- Contract Award 25th February 2013
Form of Tender
The tender will take the form of a restricted tender procedure. 3-6 tenderers will be selected from this PQQ to tender, which will be assessed and the tenderers will invited to interview. If only 2 tenderers return then we will apply a negotiated tender procedure.
Scoring / Assessment Criteria
The following assessment criteria will be used to select the short list for interview.
1. Ability to meet essential financial and business standards for the commission (30%). Used principally to assess section 1 and 2.
2. Overall experience Demonstration of understanding of the skills required to approach the commission (60%). Used principally to assess section 3.
3. References (10%). Used principally to assess section 4.
Community Benefits do not apply to this contract
Carmarthenshire Heritage Regeneration Trust (CHRT)
21-25 West End
For the attention of: Craig Hatto
SA15 3DN Llanelli
Telephone: +44 1554772857
General address of the contracting authority: http://www.chrt.org.uk
Contract value: No
Published: 22 Dec 2012, Receipt by: 7 Jan 2013
All suppliers that are registered with us receive email notifications of Public Sector tenders related to their area of business.